Today I want to share how I made a cat shirt with fabric markers. First, I took a plain yellow shirt and drew a picture of a cat on it. Actually, I transferred the cat illustration on the shirt with tracing paper, but tracing paper could also be used to create an outline of a photograph on a shirt. First, you might want to see how used tracing paper trace around the image of my cat drawing.
The next step was to take a quilting pencil and trace on the backside of the tracing paper.
The video below illustrates what the Irina the cat shirt looks like. This shirt was created with fabric markers, and my own drawing.
The Irina cat shirt has a reprint to my oil painting of Irina the cat coming out of the woods.
I love pairing the Irina the cat shirt with the cute black skirt I picked up over on Amazon. This black skirt is simple, and it compliments the teal blue of my shirt. The teal blue of the shirt also goes well with the shades in the Irina the cat painting. The Irina the cat shirt is available over on Zazzle.
Today is the start of the trivia contest to win shirts based on the art from the novel Vacuum County, which I am running here on Art Shirt Designs. The author Aya Katz has come up with seven trivia questions to win a Vacuum County T-Shirt of your choice.
1. Why could Verity not make a call to her parents when she was arrested?
2. What was Saul Jones looking for when he first met Sam Beck?
3. What was Alvar Nuňez Cabeza de Vaca picking when he saw a burning bush?
4. Who was Nabal’s grandfather? Why was he ineligible to serve as a judge?
5. What instrument does David Smith play and what is the song Saul liked him to play?
6. How did Verity know that Nabal’s mother tongue wasn’t what everyone thought it was?
7. When did the New York Times decide to investigate Verity’s complaint?
Here are the Vacuum County shirts available on Amazon.
From those who get the answers right, two will be drawn to win a T-shirt. Send your name and answers to the seven questions above to the email address Sweetbearies@gmail.com, and I will forward these to Aya Katz to select the winners a week before Christmas. Here are a few photos of two of the Vacuum County shirts.